Creamy Mushroom Soup
A hearty soup full of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large pot with ghee over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté the vegetables for about 3-5 minutes, until they are translucent and fragrant.
- Remove the pot from the hot stove and mix in the arrowroot or tapioca flour.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and place back onto the hot stove.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, until thickened. Remove the pot from the hot stove.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup in the pot.
- Once the soup is creamy, place back onto medium heat and continue to simmer another 5 minutes.