A restaurant favorite that you can make at home.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 small onion (peeled, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground saffron (powder)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (roughly chopped)
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Begin trimming all of the fat.
- Cut the chicken into equal pieces (1 ½ – 2 inches) and place them in a medium glass container.
- Add the onions, saffron, salt, and lemon juice to the chicken and toss to coat completely.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24-48 hours.
- When you’re ready to roast the chicken, preheat the oven to 450F (230 C).
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack inside the lined baking sheet.
- Grease the baking rack with the olive oil and use tongs to arrange a single layer of marinated chicken on top of the baking rack (may need to bake in batches).
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Turn on the broiler and char the chicken until starting to blacken, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the parsley to garnish.
- May choose to add an extra lemon wedge, onion, or tomato, on the side to the finished dish.
- Accompanies well with the Shirazi Salad.