Mushroom Bacon Chicken
The perfect dish when you are in the mood for a comfort meal.
- 1 lb chicken (breast or thigh)
- 5 slices bacon (diced)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Warm up a pan on medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to a plate and keep the bacon grease in the pan for flavoring.
- Season the chicken with the dry ingredients. Place into the pan and spread out.
- Cook the chicken nearly fully through, take off 1-2 minutes before done. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until a bit softened. Add garlic and sauté.
- Stir constantly and remove after about a minute.
- Add in the coconut milk and bring the pan to a boil.
- Once boiling, decrease to low heat. Simmer for about 3 minutes, sauce will reduce.
- Add the bacon and chicken to the pan. Coat with sauce.