A smooth and creamy sauce that pairs well with steak.
- 1½ cups ghee
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons tarragon (minced)
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the vinegar, stock, shallots, and half the tarragon.
- Boil until the liquid has reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Set aside and let it cool.
- Pour the egg yolks into a blender or food processor. Mix until very smooth.
- Add in the liquid reduction. Continue mixing until evenly combined.
- Place the saucepan back onto the stove over low heat.
- Add in the ghee for a minute or two, set aside once melted.
- Slowly pour the melted ghee into the blender or food processor.
- Add in the rest of the tarragon as well as salt. Mix until fully combined.