A healthy take on a classic Mexican dish.
- 5 lb pork shoulder
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 orange (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons bbq coconut amino sauce
- Place the onion, garlic and orange juice into a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix all of the seasoning together. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the pork. Trim the excess fat.
- Rub the seasoning mixture generously around the entire pork shoulder.
- Place into the slow cooker and set the timer for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Once cooked, transfer to a cutting board in order to shred the pork.
- Transfer to serving platter and mix in the bbq sauce.