A simple starter dish that goes great with a Passover meal.
- 2 lbs potatoes (peeled)
- 1 onion (peeled)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup avocado oil
- Shred the potatoes and thinly slice the onion.
- Transfer the shredded mixture to a large bowl lined with a few layers of paper towels.
- Squeeze as much water out as possible over the sink. Remove the paper towels and place the mixture directly into the bowl.
- Add in the eggs, arrowroot, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Line a large plate with paper towels to drain each batch.
- Scoop up 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the skillet, press down gently to flatten.
- Make sure they are spread apart, you will need to cook in batches.
- Fry until golden brown on one side then carefully flip to the other side.
- Transfer to the plate with paper towels and drain briefly.
- Repeat until all the latkes are cooked.
- Serve warm and top with Cinnamon Apple Bites.